Sodom and Gomorrah votes Peacefully- Ghana Elections


Yesterday, when I told a friend I will be covering the Elections today from Old Fadama, famously called Sodom and Gomorrah, he asked me if it had Polling Stations. As far as he knew, it was an illegal settlement, often vilified by the press.
I like the way the Electoral Commission planned their Polling Stations at this testy place. First they used the Police Station; where they set up three different polling stations.
The biggest Polling Station was at the GPRTU station opposite the Agbogbloshie Market, 

where the Police Patrol Team had to come and tame a few voters who were still hanging around and causing mayhem even though they had finished casting their votes.

Old Fadama hasn't had electricity for the past couple of days, and so the E.C or Party Reps must quickly get lamps before the polling ends and they have to count.



Comments

Anonymous said…
The best posts leave me silent and excerting with how to reply.
I have initiated and then eliminated an awful lot of words here.

I just wanted you to cognize that I viewed it. Thank you
for your plainness and your loquacity and for just being you.



Look at my site - bisexual

Popular Posts