On spiders and traps

I never thought spiders could spook me till I saw some not-so-small yellow and black ones today.
Billy, captured observing one of the spiders below, said “if one of these spiders sting you, you’ll run and scream for 3 miles not knowing what happened to you”. I thought that was funny.
Sunday Special
Life is full of webs. Traps. Situations we know we need to break out of but can’t. I know the feeling. I’ve been there. I know what it means to wake up to go to a job you hate and still dread quitting because you don’t know what will happen to you when you do. I know guys who used to hang around the office way after working hours because they dreaded their own homes. Life is full of traps.
Sunday Special
Donnie McClurkin, in one of his songs says” We fall down but we get up. For a saint is just a sinner who fell down but couldn’t stay there and got up”. This post is not about saints and sinners. It is just me telling you… no matter how low you think you’ve sunk. You can get up.

I need to say that, sometimes, what we consider a trap or a web might actually be a boundary designed to keep us safe. Walls have their uses and may you have the wisdom to tell the difference.
Sunday Special
See you up and running! Have a great week.

Comments

Medoafia said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts