The Fela Kuti Legacy... Pictures from the Shrine



Apparently, I look like a Yoruba man. It's not as if this is my first time hearing this. I remember a couple of years ago, I was flying out of Nigeria back to Ghana and as duty demands, I handed my passport over to this female immigration officer. She took one glance at me and blurted: "Where you go get Ghana passport for?"

I love Nigeria. I love Lagos... and I have had the privilege of spending sometime here on assignment in these past few days. In fact, I am still in Lagos. These are fresh photos I have made here.

These are from the Africa shrine. The little boy in green is Femi's son and he was on stage the whole night mimicking his dad. Now, I know how those amazing Kutis are made.


I was hoping to spend a big part of Sunday at the Shrine but I needed to prepare for the major reason why I'm in Lagos and that assignment begins tomorrow. I am fortunate enough to have Adolphus Opara, the famous, brilliant, really-nice guy Nigerian Photographer to shoot alongside me. If you need a photographer in Nigeria, and would want to work with someone local, I highly recommend Adolphus. http://www.adolphusopara.com




I'm glad I was finally able to update my blog. Forgive me for taking so long. Really busy times. Have fun and do have a great week.

Comments

Ewiase said…
thanks for the update.
Nii Odzenma said…
colourful images.love the opening image. salute!

Popular Posts