For starving photographers and artists

We had been on the road for close to two weeks, documenting Ghana. We stopped by the road side to photograph some women selling foodstuff; and that is when I took this photo of Bob. He doesn't remember it. I had forgotten it existed but found it looking for old photos a client had requested. Now, I need to find one of Steve. Something scandalous :)

This, obviously is a prank but if there's anything I can tell any struggling artist or photographer, it will be: "If you really love art, then don't stop; but avoid any situation that will make you hate your art. If it becomes necessary, get a second job. Moonlight as a graphic designer or whatever else you know to do. Heck, you can even sell kontomire... but DON'T STOP CREATING ART.

Have a great week.

Comments

Jolene said…
**amen** I enjoy cooking so much I chose to not pursue cooking school because I don't want to hate it. I now love cooking for my beautiful soon to be 7 children! I'd still enjoy taking some new cooking classes just for fun but no degree...simply the enjoyment of creating and filling little tummies!
Unknown said…
Awesome & crystal clear photo-artistry plus concise & anecdotal excerpts!

Popular Posts