Henry weds Priscilla


Covering weddings is a special thing. I was so moved by the experience of eternalizing this moment for the couple that, I decided to attach a poem of mine: The Hunter and the Tease".
I even wonder if they sit well together.

"The Hunter and the Tease"

My lover is a tease
A complex plot
A camouflage
A riddle I have vowed to solve

I hunt for you
your soul
your spirit
your body
your mind

I come to devour and save you
from yourself
your past
your nights

Passion has possessed me.
I blaze with longings
I crave you as a dancer does music
You are my mind's big subject
My never ending epic

I burn with the fire of a thousand loins.
Raise your head up and breathe me
I seek your soul to own
to love
to free.

Tell me what you answer to.
So I can crow or croak or roar or sing
to charm your will toward my den.

I will bait you a with a million sweet words
if need be.
I will woo you in a handsome mask
if you so wish.
Till I taste your salted blood in my veins
and we become one in life and death.

© Nana Kofi Acquah

Comments

Popular Posts